- When your student is next in line on the waitlist and a spot becomes available, you will receive a phone call from I3 Academy extending a verbal offer of admission. A letter with a written offer of admission will be mailed that same day and you will have five (5) business days from the date of the letter to accept or decline the offer. You will need to complete the enrollment process (including current proof of residency). If you do not respond to the offer by 5 PM on the fifth business day after the date of the offer letter, the offer will expire and the space may be offered to the next child on the waitlist.
How long will my child remain on the waiting list?
- Your student will remain on the waitlist until s/he is offered admission to I3 Academy during the 2023- 2024 school year or until you elect to remove him/her from the waitlist. The waitlist for the 2023-2024 school year will be vacated on the last day of school in May 2023 and will not carry over to the 2024-2025 school year. Parents/guardians may resubmit an application online for the 2024-2025 school year during the open application period.
If I missed the application deadline, will the application still be available?
- Yes. Applications submitted after January 16, 2023 will be added to the end of the waitlist in the order received and not be included in the lottery process.
What if I made an error on my application and entered the wrong grade information for my child?
- Please contact our Magaly Monzon at 205-403-5777 as soon as possible to have your child’s grade corrected. After the lottery occurs, if the wrong grade information was entered, the child will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist for the correct grade for his/her respective enrollment priority.
If my child receives a seat in the lottery and an acceptance letter to attend I3 Academy, what documents are required to enroll?
- If you receive an acceptance letter for your child to enroll at I3 Academy, you will need to provide all documentation to the school by June 30, 2023 digitally by 11:59 PM CT.
- Photo Identification of custodial parent/legal guardian
- Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation showing child’s age)
- Proof of Residence (annual tax notice/mortgage statement, copy of lease/rental agreement, or current HUD certificate)
- Current Alabama power bill or gas bill from Spire
- Custody papers (if applicable) - must be a certified court order showing physical custody
- Immunization Form
- Most recent report card
- Withdrawal paperwork
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) - if applicable
- 504 Plan - if applicable
What if I move during the enrollment period?
- If you move after the lottery occurs and you were seated based on your previous address:
- If the new address is in the same or higher priority than the address submitted on your application, you retain your seat and must prove residency at both addresses.
- If the new address is in the lower priority than the address submitted on your application, you forfeit your seat and are placed at the bottom of the waitlist for the enrollment priority of your new address.
What if I need assistance with my application or with the PowerSchool platform?
- You can direct questions about application, enrollment, and admissions to Magaly Monzon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call our office phone 205-403-5777.